Education Sales Representative
We are currently seeking an experienced Education Sales Representative to join our team in Reading, PA.
Zeswitz Music, founded in 1923, is looking to add an Education Sales Representative to our growing company. Zeswitz is a leading source for musical instrument rentals, accessories, repairs, and professional and step-up instruments in Eastern PA, NJ, and MD. Our team has earned a strong reputation for exceptional service to teachers, schools, students, and families.
Education Sales Representatives are the company's main presence at the schools we serve (and the ones we would like to serve).
Call on band/orchestra directors at schools weekly to provide exceptional service, develop solutions to help music programs grow and thrive, and take/deliver orders (rental instruments, repairs, exchanges, returns, accessories).
Generate sales growth within schools (by selling rentals and accessories to students) and in new schools (by selling our services and products to music programs).
Direct Zeswitz resources to exceed customer expectations for timeliness, accuracy, and convenience.
Communicate with teachers and parents to explain the advantages of our rental program, instruments, repairs, and accessories.
Help modify and develop our rental programs based on deep understanding of needs and wants of schools, administrators, teachers, parents, and students, as well as competitors' strengths and weaknesses.
Typical hours span the regular school day, plus time daily in the Reading, PA headquarters in the early morning or late afternoon / evening.
Must be available for evening parent meetings in the fall and spring.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent, College or University diploma preferred
- Sales experience is a plus, but is not required if the candidate has a strong desire to learn
Skills and Abilities:
- Passion and enthusiasm for music education.
- Ability to play at least one type of musical instrument very well. Proficiency on multiple types of instruments is a plus.
- Excellent communication, customer service, relationship, and problem-solving skills.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle capable of carrying a day's worth of deliveries (small or large SUV, hatchback, wagon, or van). Zeswitz reimburses all business mileage.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Daily travel to visit schools (80-90%), overnight travel very rarely (2-3 nights/yr).
- Candidate is subject to background check
Compensation and Benefits:
- Compensation is commission-based with bonuses and contests to reward outstanding performance and sales
- Benefits package available
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life, and Disability
To apply, please send us your contact info via our Careers page.